Pages

Monday 27 October 2014

I made doughnuts for the first time today!

Today I made doughnuts and it tasted really nice. I did have a few problems with actually shaping it but after a few tries the came out to look quite nice. This recipe is very easy and quick. I was looking for a recipe that wasn't over complicated and found this one on http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/191/quick-and-easy-donuts.aspx .
 
My version of this recipe is shown below and I made a total servings of 15 doughnuts!

Ingredients
  • 70g  butter    
  • 500g plain flour and extra for dusting and rolling            
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder            
  • 70g  sugar and extra for coating at the end
  • 2 tablespoons of desiccated coconut (optional for flavouring)       
  • 1 egg
  • 260ml milk            
  • vegetable oil for frying
  • Melted chocolate and sprinkles (optional and desirable)
 
Method
  1. Sieve flour and baking powder into a bowl
  2. Rub in butter.
  3. Mix in the sugar and desiccated coconut
  4. Beat egg and milk together.
  5. Make a well in the dry mixture, then and pour in the egg and milk mix in the well. Mix together to form a soft dough.
  6. Roll out dough on a well floured surface and cut to shape of choice. I used to different sized drinking cups to cut.
  7. Fry in hot oil (at approximately 180 degrees C) for 30 seconds, turn over and cook for a further 30 seconds untill golden brown.
  8. Drain on kitchen paper until cool. Roll in sugar or decorate with chocolate and sprinkles.
Preparation images:

                                           


Ready to Eat!
 
 
Doughnuts were in all shapes and sizes at the start. With practise I was able to improve!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My tips:
  • My first try went totally horrible. That's okay as long as you fiddle and play around the mixture you will find the right size. Just keep experimenting!
  • They are best eaten WARM!, If they cool, then reheat in the microwave.


Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment