Pages

Sunday 26 October 2014

Its winter and the clocks have moved back!

It's officially winter and the clock moved back. Unfortunately I was unlucky as I wasn't able to cash in on the extra hour of sleep. I managed to oversleep. This was because I put my phone time an hour back and didn't release it would automatically do this. So two hours of extra sleep instead of one .... I ended up waking much later than I intended. :( I also now have a headache from waking up with noisy neighbours. (Yes I can hear you)

So why do the clocks move backwards in the winter?

The clocks go back to the UK's Greenwich mean time, returning to its original position from when the clocks went forward.

So why do the clocks move an hour forward in summer?

This is British summer time which allows for longer daylight evenings. It balances daylight so that there is less daylight in the early hours of the morning.

Are there any benefits to this?

Well many people argue that there are health and economic benefits such as saving energy and to road accidents. However, there is an ongoing debate to if this will be the last time change from the UK MPs.

An easy way I remember when the clocks move is 'spring forward, fall back'. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment